My Science! My Conch! is a nationwide citizen-science project going on now throughout The Bahamas! Communities and schools are getting involved in the effort to collect important scientific data and learn more about that giant, delicious, sea snail we all love, the Queen Conch.
High Schools! Civic and club groups! Fishermen! Church groups! You!
To find out how you can get involved…
Contact the Bahamas National Trust, 242-393-1317
Or contact BREEF: 242-327-9000
- Conch 101: Education and training program
- Be the scientist! Guided scientific survey of a conch “midden”
- What did you find? See your results and talk Conch-servation with national and community partners.
ALSO INCLUDED: T-shirt
Why Citizen-Science? Why Conch?
Citizen science or science conducted by citizens, is a great way for communities to learn more about the value of their natural resources. Participants in MSMC will get hands on experience in the collection of scientific data that will help fishery managers make more informed decisions about one of the most important fisheries in The Bahamas, the Queen Conch fishery.
- Gain a better understanding of the scientific method of gathering information
- Learn lots of cool and interesting facts about the Queen Conch
- Become better informed and share ideas about managing sustainable fisheries…FRITTERS FOREVER!!
- Support the national Conchservation campaign
*Limited space available. Sign up now to reserve your spot in this fun and educational program!
*This program does not include water-based activities.